From Obamacare to the Exchange to Medicare,
Everything You Need to Know about Health Insurance in 2018 and Beyond
With Open Enrollment for health care starting in early November, you won’t want to miss our BGSD monthly meeting on Tuesday, October 23rd at 6 p.m. We will discuss today’s medical insurance market. Our meeting location is Apollonia Bistro in UTC.
Health insurance expert Jeremiah J Doran III CLU, ChFC will be speaking on:
- The major changes that effected our insurance
- Has it been affordable? Will it be in the future?
- Clarifying some of the rules
- When should it be used and who is its target market?
- Better or worse: higher or lower priced than buying directly from the carriers?
- Credits: how to get them and what they really cost
- What about companies buying plans from the exchange?
- When can you purchase it, how do you purchase it and what can you do to lower the cost?
- Preexisting conditions, guaranteed issue and the PENALTY
- HMO, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplements and Part D (RX)
- Part A and Part B
EMPLOYER GROUP HEALTH PLANS
- Which carriers are leading the way with innovative plans?
- Why networks are driving premiums
- Why are there so many plans to choose from?
Jeremiah Doran, CLU, ChFC, financial advisor and founder of Capital Benefits, is an industry veteran with more than 32 years’ experience in the financial services and employee benefits business. Jeremiah has earned a top reputation and loyal clientele because of his personal touch and high level of client services. With affiliations with more than 50 insurance and financial companies, Jeremiah offers the best products and solutions available throughout the market, customized for each client. Jeremiah earned a degree in accounting from Bryant University in Rhode Island.
Registration through 10/18/2018 is $28.00 for Members and $36.00 for Associate Members. It includes a three-course meal and educational presentation. For late registration on or after 10/19/2018, the event fee is $45.00. The fee must be prepaid at the time of registration. Unfortunately, refunds are not available to those who register but are unable to attend. Due to limited space and the restaurant’s requirements, walk-ins without registration cannot be accommodated. Space is limited; please don’t delay. Register today.